Sunday, September 16, 2007

Celebrating 2+ years of the Blabbering Wombat!

After knocking about for more than two years, an entire year out of which the allegedly 'blabbering' wombat was utterly silent, I decided to give my blog a new look, or a partial new look anyway. Since i can't seem to find the time or the patience to write the entire page from scratch, I resorted to switching to the new 'widget' based template that has been around for at least a few months. But since I was always partial to the design / layout of my old template, I've pretty much stuck to that, though played quite a bit with the colors and obviously, I'm widget-ed ;)

I must admit the new blogger makes editing your template and layout immensely easier. Instead of looking for the right spot in reams and reams of HTML code to insert that additional line, you now just add 'page elements', drag & drop it to the desired place in your blog and thats about it! Everything is a few clickety-clicks and a lil tap-tapping away! and NOW if you want that additional lil tweak, you can *still* go into the HTML of your layout and add that additional line. hehe. (though an easier way to do it is to add an HTML/javascript widget)

In the coming weeks, expect a few more changes till this latest interest wears off and I sink back to the relative laziness of the marsupial that lends its name to my utterings.

As for posts, I have two in the pipeline, one of them is on Chinchillas, though if I were you, I won't bank on the Chinchillas bit ;)

Here's a rather disappointing wiki entry on widgets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUI_widget

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you have against wombats? :P