Saturday, October 25, 2008

Awesomeness Comes in 167 Pieces!

Of the things I got my hands on when I hadn't even learnt to walk, these were and still are the two of the most precious:



Legoland 6040: "The Blacksmith Forge"
Year: 1984 (that makes it older than me!)
89 pieces, 2 figures

This was an awesome little set. Though small in size it had not one, not two but FOUR alternate models!



I absolutely loved the magical red beams and pillars that made a castle's grand entrance or a blacksmith's kiln depending on how you put them together! I still have the set, though I admit with a few pieces misssing.




Legoland 6688: "Ambulance"
Year: 1985
68 pieces, 2 figures

I was absolutely awed by the colored translucent plastic lights and the rear hatch that moved. Sadly the same story I have the set but the lights are all gone, so are few other pieces.

Despite the never ending infatuation, those were the last LEGO models I called my own and had the luxury of owning, playing with, and growing up with .... until now!

Enters the:

8142 Ferrari 248 1:24
Year: 2007
167 pieces, 1 figure

TOTAL AWESOMENESS!

front of the box



back of the box


The finished model: vs. the box for scale



Some more goodness



The finished model: vs. my 'biggish' Dell Latitude D630 for Scale




Complete with the trappings of a Ferrari F1 Racer



The laptop appears to be a fitting place to park



Oh almost forgot, it comes with a windup motor, so it runs too! Just pull it back as far as it will go and then let it loose!

as always, click on the pictures to enlarge in a seperate window

3 comments:

Umair Azfar Khan said...

I confess that even though I always itch to get my hands on some legos, but I do not buy them just because it looks too childish.

I still buy transformers though

concept said...

wow.. it looks awesome. especially the ferrari lego :)

I knew you are mclaren fan, how comes you buy ferrari legos? :P

Madeeha said...

La'UUUUUVVVVed seeing them pics. MAke my hands itch all over!!!

So feel like photographing my legos for posterity :)