Saturday, December 15, 2007

Countdown to Salvation



365 days, 5 hours, 14 minutes and 36 seconds to Salvation! This is my Salvation counter that resides on my desktop, reminding me everyday what I need to do to make it happen. I put it up today.

Today is 15th December 2007. I've been in this god forsaken city for 1 year 6 months and 5 days. I've started to move today, from the apartment I've been in since I came to this city all that time ago. Packing up was like opening a Pendora's box of buried memories. Memories of lives changed, of good things taken away, of friends lost, of hopes dead, of ambition failed, of people changed.

For the next 365 days, each day will be a step to salvation, each with a place, each with a small part to play in the bigger scheme of things, each to contribute to the effort towards a single minded purpose, all the way to the final goal, to salvation. What is salvation? Salvation is freedom from this place, from the memories of all that it took away, it is a move towards the better, the happier, till the two and a half years that I would have been here would fade away to a distant bad memory, a nightmare, that you forget once you wake up from it. 553 days gone, another 365 days, 4 hours, 44 minutes and 06 seconds to go.

15th December 2007 - Step 1: I've started to move from the apartment.

I will be out of this city by 15th December 2008. This is my promise to myself.

1 comment:

concept said...

I really hope you keep this promise :) that city is ruining you completely