Friday, June 29, 2007

Some things you play till you go screwey in the head ....

ahhhhhhh ..... came back home after a long day, it was Friday, last day of the work week, skipped dinner (as usual), got into bed, turned off the the lights, started playing around 11:30 pm .... the next day was Saturday i.e. the weekend so kept playing till I suddenly realized that it was 4:30 am .... since i sleep with my laptop (got DSL with the modem lying pn my bed so I'm always connected with my laptop less than a foot away from me even when I'm asleep) I decided to rest a bit before resuming, woke up at 9 am, sat up in bed, rubbed my eyes .... and started playing again ... and kept at it till 1:45 pm when a friend called to tell that she was picking me up in 15 mins. What am I talking about? Desktop tower defence! <<< click there!


You have a square playing area, two entries and exits, a selection of guns, a few gizmos, 20 lives, 80 pieces of gold and creepies that try to run across to the other side and say 'yippeee!' ... make sure you play with your speakers on ... the sounds are just too good. Your objective ... to make a maze using the guns for the creepies to pass through ... you gain points and gold everytime a creepie dies, the gold allows you to buy more guns to complicate your maze and upgrade existings ones to enhance range and damage. As you progress through the standard 50 levels the creepies refuse to be even scratched by a mere non - up graded gun. Must play! and like a friend said "us gikians are everywhere" there is a group scoreboard 'giki-cafe' (this is the main) and also 'giki' where you can post your scores ... will run into a lot of familiar 'nicks' here hehe. It is just one of those simple games that you run across, start playing and keep playing till you play yourself sick! literally! I gave up for 3 days after I played non stop for 5, ended up giving myself headache and nausea. Just started playing again! hehe


Another one is plasmapong <<< again click there... the guy who made it has an obvious obsession with fluid mechanics, essentially its your standard computer ping pong, but in a viscous world of its own! Your can mess with your ball and deflect it in the liquid by sending viscous explosive surges, merely by holding down your mouse key! Oh and you get to mess with all kinda parameters like 'fluid viscosity' for example. And the music can put quite a few soundtracks to shame! Must play!

..... aaaaaaaaah some things you play till you go screwy in the head!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought it was "WE Gikians are everywhere!" :P

Ali said...

you didn't mention double wires :|